I’ve had this recipe under my belt for sometime now, and it’s definitely a healthy go-to chicken dish! This probably goes without saying, but my husband loves it. If it ain’t man approved, it just ain’t makin the cut! We had this last night for session 2 of our bible study, & Becca & Sam provided a side of green beans and quinoa to go with it. Thanks ladies! 😀
Hummus Crusted Chicken
6 chicken breasts
16 oz roasted red pepper hummus
1 Tsp. Minced garlic
2 red peppers
2 cups of spinach
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pour olive oil into baking dish & preheat oven to 350
- Slice onion & peppers
- Toss onions, peppers, spinach, & minced garlic together in your baking dish, evenly coating with the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Flatten chicken breast.
- Sprinkle each breast with salt, pepper, paprika, & garlic powder & place in baking dish.
- Evenly spread hummus over chicken (about 2 0z each) making sure the tops are completely covered.
- Lightly sprinkle with lemon juice.
- bake for 30-45 minutes, until the hummus starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese & put it back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
I always make a few extra pieces of chicken for flatbread sandwiches during the week! I slice up the chicken, heat it up in the microwave, spread some extra hummus on a flatbread, add the chicken & mozzarella, melt the cheese, & toss some spinach in the flatbread for a tasty hot sandwich! If you go light on the cheese, & get a healthier flatbread, you’re looking at around 250-300 calories for a filling, flavorful sandwich. It’s a win/win!